|I was given an assignment to complete by friend and colleague, Antonio Vendramin, who in turn was challenged by really cool chick Tia Henriksen. Read Tia and Antonio’s posts here. First, thanks for this homework Antonio. Christmas decorating and shopping can wait.Second, here are 11 random facts about me:
- My dad was scheduled to be a test pilot for the AVRO ARROW before the entire project was scrapped.
- I have 4 brothers and no sisters.
- I was a struggling reader in school. I received one-to-one support for my entire grade 2 year and I learned to read! Early intervention works.
- Both my parents are very artistic.
- I met and interviewed Pierre Elliot Trudeau in grade 11 after Joe Clark was voted out. I was not old enough to vote, but he let me interview him first for my history project.
- I have lived in 3 Canadian Provinces: BC, Alberta and Ontario.
- I never planned to be a teacher. When I was a teacher, I never planned to be an administrator.
- My Idea of camping is a lovely house on a lake somewhere with indoor plumbing and comfortable beds.
- I love to cook, but I am not a baker.
- I am a fitness freak!
- I love the Dailey Method! (Fitness Class).
Next up, I am to answer the following questions from Antonio:
1. Favourite place you have visited? I absolutely love London, England, but I am a homebody and love where I live above Crescent Beach.
2. Favourite sports team? Seattle Seahawks Football team because My husband loves them.
3. Five songs on my device/CD in my car…I cannot pick songs, I will give you artists: I still love Tracey Chapman, lots of Bruno Mars, Amy Winehouse, Diana Krall ( I went to school with her in Nanaimo), Train, and Duffy are some of my favourite Artists right now.
4. Biggest surprise of your life? I married the boy next door, I have known my husband since I was 6 years old. Our wedding was called the Beach Drive reunion.
5. What would your best friend say they like MOST and LEAST you?My sense of humour and my sense of humour. We both went through breast cancer at the same time
6. Nickname? Current or past. You would have to ask my current staff. I am not sure what they call me, hopefully something nice.
7. Favourite number? Why? 1- is there any other? and no I am not competitive.
8. What drives you crazy? People who LIE! Really it is not a big deal, tell the truth and get over it.
9. Biggest fear? Not living long enough to collect my pension, that would be a real bummer!
10. Favourite movie? Little Miss Sunshine.
11. If you could do anything other than what you are currently doing career-wise, what would it be?I would be a personal fitness trainer or TEACHER! I love teaching!
Now it’s YOUR turn!
Come have some fun and accept this invitation to allow others to get to know you a bit better. Not sure if all these great people are bloggers, but if they aren’t, maybe we can get them to be:
11 questions for you:
1. Favourite author and why?
2. Happiest moment?
3. Worst day?
4. What annoys you?
5. Favorite musician?
6. Favorite television show?
7. Proudest moment?
8. What surprises you?
9. What did you want to be before you grew up?
10. Who do you most admire and why?
11. Dream vacation is…?
Here’s how it works:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
Post back here with a link after you write this. Go on, you have homework to do.